Friday, November 13, 2009

Best Invention Ever (For New Moms)

Even though I'm 30 and on my 3rd kid I do still have some vanity issues. I do still care what I look like to some extent (although lately I'm starting to feel that fade a bit ha ha) and I don't want to be a mom with a FUPA (if you don't know what that means go HERE).

On the back of a Fit Pregnancy magazine...now THERE'S an oxymoron! I saw an advertisement for something called the Belly Bandit. I should have ordered it right then and there but it was a little "pricey" for my cheap arse so I hesitated. The cheapest one is $40-$45 depending what website you buy it from. The Belly Bandit website of course is more expensive. I got mine from Best Baby Organics website for $40. Free shipping too!!

Here is a before picture of me...shudder and apologies for my gross body!!!! But its beautiful, right hahahaha!This is me about 4 days after giving birth. Floppy!!! And my insides ached like crazy this time.

This is me wearing the Belly Bandit (also known as a compression wrap):

And this is my stomach after wearing it for TWO DAYS and nights!!!!!!:


Unbelievable!! The After pictures are me 7 days after having the baby! I was so excited to see that it actually is working and I didn't waste my money. The only cons so far are that once you start to make it tighter it starts to buckle in a few places and it rides up under my boobs, and if I get sweaty at all it starts to itch where my stretch marks are. I remedied the itch by putting a couple of kleenex between my skin and the wrap. I think that the more expensive versions probably don't have this problem because they have covers on them or are made of bamboo which breathes easier.

The other part that is hard is it takes commitment because you have to wear it day AND night for 6 weeks. If you take it off, you look great but then you start to sag again because you need to give your muscles time to get used to being hard again and not floppy. Also I notice that when I take it off to shower I can feel the achiness coming back. Its probably not so bad if you haven't had other children before or if you were in excellent shape and exercised through your entire pregnancy. However I was not and did not because of the type of job I have which was me sitting on my butt for 8 hours a day answering phones. Ugh.

I have been wearing it for a week now so I will post some more pics after its been a couple of more weeks to show the progress.

Oh and here is a pre-third baby pic of me so you can see what I am going to have to try to come close to attaining again:

This picture was taken after the first 2 were born so I know I can lose the weight. I don't think I will ever be that skinny again but that's ok. I just want to be able to wear jeans again instead of sweatpants all the time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment