Thursday, April 22, 2010

Home Improvement

New


Old


Piggybacking on my pissing cat post.

Since one of the little b-tard's favorite places to pee was on/in/around the washer/dryer we had in our laundry room we used our state tax return to purchase a new set of front loaders! Its insane the difference in how the house now smells. I can't believe that we had to wash and dry our clothing in a pissed on set of appliances. I hope that all this time we haven't been smelling like cat pee when we go out with our clothes on!!! No one ever mentioned it...maybe they were too polite?

I did one load of laundry in the new set and dumped it out on the bed with intentions to fold (yeah...that didn't happen). I walked out, then came back in the bedroom about 20 minutes later (still didn't fold them though hehehe) and inhaled. WOW. It smelled so fresh and delightful. I didn't know laundry could smell like that for real. I don't even use dryer sheets anymore*! I'm in love.

The only bad part is that we can't have a door to the laundry room anymore because the new set are so deep you can't open it all the way. That ties in to the cat because we were keeping the litter box in the 1/2 bathroom that leads to the laundry room (an awkward, smelly, dirty option) for lack of other space to keep it. Fluffy #1 was repeatedly pissing in front of the vanity which was destroying the wood that it would seep under so we took the litter box out and its in the dining area near the sliding door (fine for summer when we can keep the door open most of the time...).

Now that we have these new awesome appliances I want to use them!! But our dining room is too small for our table and the table mostly collects crap at all times. SO as an experiment we took it apart and put it in the basement, and brought up a tiny table that my sister left behind when she moved that really is a 2 seater but we could all sit at it if necessary. We will need room for the highchair soon also.




Now I am able to easily walk around the little table to get to the laundry room with baskets in arm without gouging myself on the corner of the table or crushing my fingers into the molding of the garage door!! We won't be able to have people over for dinner at a table though...good thing we have a big couch!


*I now use these dryer balls I bought at Christmas Tree Shops for $2.99 that are blue, spiky, and work just as good as the sheets did!! No chemicals or having to keep buying them and throwing them away!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I like the smaller table! You could get a folding table, like at Costco, to add some seating if you have guests over.

    Maybe look into bi-fold doors for your laundry room?

    Congrats on the new toys. And I never thought you smelled like cat pee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha that is good to know!! Yes we actually have a card table that has 4 chairs that we could set up for the kids I suppose lol I love having all that extra space!

    My mom suggested bifold doors also...I may have to do that!

    ReplyDelete