Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Redneck Pasta Salad--Pot Luck Idea


I'm super lazy and would usually just buy something like this at the store but they never have what I really want in a pasta salad. SO I decided to make my own! Well, Kris cooked the pasta and drained it and put in the oil but I threw in all the other junk :D



1 box of Pasta (I used regular Macaroni)
1 large can of sliced black olives
1 bag of Turkey Pepperoni Minis
1 brick of Monterey Jack cheese, diced (or whatever cheese you like)
1 1/2 bottles of Italian dressing
Olive Oil

Cook pasta, drain. Add Olive Oil, about 2 tablespoons or so, and stir. This will keep the pasta from sticking together. Put in fridge and chill until cold to touch. Add Italian dressing, stir. Add olives, pepperoni, and cheese. Heck you can put whatever you want in this concoction! I just used the things that I know I like. I hate mayonnaise and I'm always wishing something had pepperoni, black olives, and/or cheese in it when I go to a barbecue! Serve and Enjoy!

Serves about 10-12 people, depending on how much they eat ;)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Betsy! Just wanted to let you know that the eco-parenting post is up on Ecover's blog. Hope you'll check it out!
    -Deb for Ecover

    ReplyDelete