Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The Quest for Truth

Sorry for the lapse in posting...haven't really had much to write about since school started!!

As our family has expanded to a size of five we have been crammed into a sedan for the past year and its gotten a little hard to deal with. With the help of family we were able to purchase a 2005 Nissan Quest from Freedom Nissan in South Burlington. The last car I bought was a Saturn Ion and it was directly from Saturn (they aren't slimy, just tell you the price and you buy it or you don't) and it was brand new. Since Saturn is gone now and since I feel that Nissan is a brand that I have liked and trusted in the past I figured they would be safe to deal with.

Now, I am not going to get into bashing them or their sales techniques. I will just say that I had to bite my lip a few times because it did feel like they think we are stupid or unaware of what goes on in car dealerships. And maybe up to a point we are naive, too trusting. But come on, really? You sell us a car at what you make out to be a substantial discount and then take an entire week to fix what is an 8 hour job (according to them), then lie to my face that you ordered the part, it came in the wrong box but it was the right part, you called allll over to Nissan dealerships to find out if they had the part (the only one was 3 hrs away in NH apparently), then your technician who "has been with us for 20 years" fixes it but "it just doesn't feel quite right" and "the wrong part being in the right box really threw him off"....WTF????? Seriously????? Its ready Friday, no wait, Monday, no...no TUESDAY.

Yes I got it on Tuesday, exactly 1 week after shaking their hands. They hand us the keys and even though they are Nissan sales people and its a Nissan van the guy can't tell me diddly about how anything works.

What I am really pissed about is very small. Its the size of a credit card. Its called a Remote Keyless Entry fob. Its essential for, gee, I don't know...EVERYTHING?? Well it happened to not be present on this key set. What was present was the remote car starter, which yes I appreciate the fact that this van has one, but I would rather not have one and have a freaking REMOTE KEYLESS ENTRY!!!! The van does not lock when you start driving. It does not unlock automatically when you go into Park. If my car alarm was to go off I would have no way of resetting it. That could get ugly.

Well we called the Nissan dealership and their response was "Well because we gave you a deal and because of the cost of repairs the key is what comes with it."

DIRTY.

No they should say "Oh I'm sure we have one in stock you could have." or even "Well, we can give you a refurbished one for $X.XX"

Not impressed. I would not recommend dealing with them unless you have a firm resolve and are not afraid of confrontation or passive aggressive behavior. Now the baby is awake and this is why I don't blog very often!!!

UPDATE: Kris went in and talked to the Sales Manager who was a lot more reasonable than the first guy. I know these people are all trying to do their jobs I just wish there was a little more REAL honesty involved. We should have our Keyless Remote tomorrow morning (I hope)...

No comments:

Post a Comment