Saturday, June 25, 2011

Feelin' Buggy

I got my camera back from the cleaner's on Friday evening. It had HORRIBLE crud all over the sensor, which is the part of the camera you don't want to touch unless you know what you are doing. I used LeZot camera repair on Cherry Street in Burlington (right over B&J and NO I didn't get a Vermonster while I waited!!).

The weather has been kind of gloomy all day so I wasn't real inspired to go take a walk and use it. Then I rediscovered the website What's That Bug? through Facebook postings they have, and I spent the greater part of the afternoon trying to get macro shots of tiny bugs that were on my plants. I use the term "my plants" loosely. The yellow flowers I have on my back porch yardage are completely there on their own. I planted a bunch of wildflower seeds years ago on the left hand side of my porch and each year they migrate to the right about a foot or so, and are completely different colors. I don't ask questions.

A little earlier in the day I had a tension headache bad from the shoulder wrenching work I did on Wednesday. I'm that out of shape. 4 days later and I'm still crying about it lol It is the kind of headache that makes you hate everything and everyone, and throw a little (a lot) PMS on top of it and let's just say Kris spent the better part of the day in the basement "cleaning" the floor. He was supposed to go to work at UVM today but then at noon decided that the basement needed a good scrubbing now that the water is finally gone. One Vicodin, four oreos, and a couple handfuls of Cheez-its later I was on my way to the park with three kids by myself.

Of course on the way to the park the kids did everything that normally I would ignore but until the V kicked in annoyed the crap out of me. So I put my camera in front of my face and took a few shots of a Hover Fly.



It really is very calming to take pictures. We then continued on to the next torture chamber I mean playground where they played great for about 5 min and then Autumn decided to see what its like to go down the twisty slide face first and we had to depart.

On the way out I just about ate this thing dangling from the tree!



Its an inchworm! Or looper worm. Its actually a moth caterpillar and turns into a Geometrid Moth. I have a Tussock moth caterpillar at home that I have been keeping in a tupperware container with maple leaves. I broke out the 10 gallon tank terrarium that I have and put them both inside.



There seem to be a lot of tussock caterpillars around this year.  I had only seen the milkweed tussock variety in the past!  Shall be interesting to see what it will turn into!



1 comment: