Sunday, September 9, 2012

Hiking Mt Philo

I'm going to stick with mostly posting photos in this post.  That is because otherwise I'm just going to be complaining about my whiny kids who don't seem to be able to manage a 20 min hike up a paved road to the top of a 1,000 ft hill with a breathtaking view.  If you are my Facebook friend you probably have seen these pics so I apologize for the redundancy.  I will try to add a few anecdotes that were never before presented:

At first Autumn did not want to go in the backpack carrier

"watch me throw this stick"

Just so pretty through this path.  Hard to capture in a photo.


A giant millipede, called Sigmoria trimaculata

This Silver Maple stood out with its shaggy bark


A bumble bee who was buzzing around on the pavement, most likely dying.


So cute and fuzzy!

Autumn decided it was time for a ride :)

I always notice this tree when I come here


Photos from the summit:


















Heading back down, Alex decided he would be a sourpuss because we didn't take the path he wanted to take.  Oy vey.



Autumn fascinated by a large slug

Mr Pouty Pants

Random dude jogging




Caution:  Giant Millipede Crossing



Alex said they must be wrestling.  Yep.  That's it.

Leaving the park it was so beautiful out.


Back on the road home.

No comments:

Post a Comment