Monday, July 2, 2012

Summer Vacation Diary Day 11

Today:


  • I got my lazy butt up at 5:15 again and took a walk.  So nice out.
  • All three kids were home and within moments of them being downstairs the bickering started.  I decided to just ignore it.
  • My ex called at 11:00 and said he had the week off so he was going to take them this afternoon for overnight at least one night.  This is bittersweet.  I am glad they get to go somewhere and do stuff, like go swimming and bike riding, but I do miss them when they are gone and I feel like I've barely seen Alicia for a week.  Yes I complain about the bickering but it is better than them not being here.  And Autumn is starting to break down when they are not here because she misses them!  Its heart breaking.
  • I did 6 loads of laundry.
  • No shower.
  • Trying to keep images from the movie I saw Saturday night out of my head.  Can't get the song "Pony" by Ginuwine to stop playing over and over in my mind.  Or "Blow My Whistle" by Flo Rida.  This is not the type of music I normally ever hear!!!  Yikes!
  • I tried to take the kids to the free lunch program that the state is doing this summer for kids under 18.  We were so out of food it was scary.  Everytime I have gone somewhere that there is food I have been overeating because I'm used to there being next to nothing.  Then I feel sick that night and the next day.  How did this happen???  Oh yeah!  There are THREE kids eating me out of house and home all day long!  
  • Foodstamps have been renewed for the month.  Yes I am on foodstamps.  And very grateful for them. Its virtually impossible to support a family of five on what my husband is currently making.  I finally got brave and grocery shopped this afternoon when Kris got home.  I hate going on the first because, well, I'm sure you can figure it out.  They have usually restocked by Monday so there was lots of food.  I haven't shopped like that in months.  I can't believe how much more food costs.  What I bought used to come to about $159 but this time it was $198!  I always buy the same stuff!  Crap.
  • I ended the day by taking another walk.  I need new sneakers so badly.  My feet were so sore after just a forty minute walk.  Not in the budget right now, need to find some good sales. 

No comments:

Post a Comment