Friday, March 19, 2010

How NOT to make Nachos


This is getting posted a few days late but its been absolutely GORGEOUS outside this week so I have not been online as much lately!!

A quick easy and tasty dish that I noticed my friend makes is Nachos. Cheese Nachos. YUM!! I have been horrible about making dinner lately I don't know I just lost my mojo or something. SO I thought I would surprise my husband with Nachos with cheese, queso con salsa, black beans, and ground turkey.

First, I preheated my oven to 350 degrees. Then I sprayed a 13x9 pan with Pam, dumped a bag of Scoops in and then made my fatal mistake. I dumped 3/4 of a jar of Queso con Salsa on them. Hey, its cheese, right? WRONG! I proceeded to add the beans, turkey, and sprinkled some cheese on it. Just a little cheese, since there was so much QUESO on it!! I popped the whole thing in the oven for 10 minutes.

When I took it out, it looked delish. Then I took a bite. Wherever there was Queso, it was MUSHY and gross!!

Luckily my friend who inspired me to make this walked in and said "Ohh. You aren't supposed to put the Queso on till AFTER!" WHOOPS.

So the proper way to make Nachos con Queso is to bake it with only the cheese (use more than I did), the beans, and the meat. THEN dip it in Queso after (and sour cream...oohlala) so that everything stays crunchy!!

Today's "Lessons for Boneheads" is brought to you by the letters W, T, and H.

No comments:

Post a Comment