Monday, June 18, 2012

Summer Vacation Diary Day 1

The kids got done last week on Tuesday, but because we went to Boston for the rest of the work week I decided to call today the first official day of summer vacation, or FODOSV.  I also thought it would be...interesting...to try to make brief posts of what happens each day as being home with all three kids all day long usually produces some kind of story that might be worth sharing.

Today's Quote of the Day:  "Gee, well, I kind of thought it would be a little more exciting...."
Look, kid, we are just trying to make it through till bedtime.

Highlights:

  • Ran errands. Off to the library to return books that were due in April, which because of the construction it has been hard to walk the .1 mile to the library and I just can't bring myself to drive that short of a distance.  Next the bank to deposit checks for our condo association because I stupidly volunteered to take over the treasurer position.  I should have realized it sucked by the gleeful glint in the former treasurer's eyes.  Finally to the Post Office to mail out a disc of photos to a customer and buy a book of stamps.  The best part of doing bills this month was realizing that we ran out of checks and had to order more, costing us $20.  
  • Went to my parents' house for the afternoon.  Pulled weeds in my garden which of course sunburned that patch of skin that appears when one bends over in low rise jeans.  Kids played Wii inside while my Dad watched.  Alex, who got a nice new camera, was buzzing all over the place taking pics.  Hoping he didn't get any involving my buttcrack.
  • Upon returning home around 2:30 Alicia decided she wants me to homeschool her all summer.  As a friend said, I'd better ride that pony cuz it won't last long.  I spent an hour printing out homeschool worksheets for math and science, cringing when I see that the one about clouds had several misspellings.  Yikes.  
  • Alex went to Chess Night because he really is a nerd and fully embraces that. 
  • Kids went to bed by 9 progressively.  Drank 1 Blackbeary Wheat in bed while watching CSI with Kris.  

Photo of the Day:

Argiope at my parents house

1 comment: