Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Summer Vacation Diary Day 2

Today was action packed and fun filled!  I only lost my temper like, 5 times!


  • I showered.  This is worth mentioning.
  • I discovered I only have 2 k-cups of Chocolate Glazed Donut coffee left.  This is not good.
  • We went to see the Magic Show at the library performed by Tom Joyce.  He was SO good!  Great with the kids and there were lots of them there.  The Milton library actually has some killer stuff going on this summer.  Of course its all going on at 10:00am, coinciding with Dr. Phil...
  • My Dad met us for lunch at the new restaurant in town.  A burger joint called Legends, which everytime I hear someone say "I'm going to Legends" I have visions of Dolly Parton and Elvis impersonators.  Very good burgers though I must say.  Of course Alicia wouldn't eat hers because of "I don't know" and Autumn's grilled cheese sandwich was bigger than her head so she couldn't eat much, but Alex ate an entire bacon cheeseburger with a side of fries. 
  • I let Alicia play Animal Crossing on the Wii for a really long time.  It was just easier.  Then at 3:30 we had "Literacy" class.  Pretty sure I popped a vein somewhere after listening to her whine for 10 minutes about how the word search was too hard.  I asked her what her teacher did when she started whining in class and she said, "Well, I don't whine at school"  THIS IS WHY I DO NOT HOMESCHOOL!!
  • And, drum roll please....the highlight of the day was....the kids got a new toilet seat to replace the one that broke in their bathroom probably 8 months ago!  And its not just any toilet seat, its acrylic (see through) blue with dolphins and sea shells in it!  Autumn wanted to use it immediately, but when Kris tried to get her dress off so she could go she tripped over the stool in the bathroom and whacked her head.  That was the end of that. 


Photo of the day:

My milkweed is blossoming!
  

2 comments:

  1. It was fun to read your roundups. glad you are having a productive summer and I can't believe Alicia is into school so much! That is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to try to keep up every day with at least a short blurb. So hard for me to blog consistently unless I have a purpose. Alicia is very high maintenance at home!!!

    ReplyDelete