Friday, June 29, 2012

Summer Vacation Diary Day 10

Oh boy we are in the double digits!   

Today was also pretty mellow because I only had Autumn until later in the day.  I had been planning to take Alex to Rutland in the evening but when I realized that its 2 freaking hours of driving one way and it would be in the evening AND it was happening at a time that I would have to take all three kids with me, I nixed the idea.  Instead Alex and I drove to Burlington (20 min away!) and met up with a fellow hobbyist photographer for a mini-photowalk around the waterfront.  It was yet again a gorgeous sunset.
Here are a few pics from that walk:




The next three photos are of a teenager (my guess is 17) and his buddy trying desperately to think of stunts to do involving a skateboard and the fishing pier.  The jumper was actually a really nice guy and not a punk like I'm used to dealing with when I see people his age.
In the first photo he has ridden his skateboard (which he told us he found in the Lake so if he lost it in the Lake it would be OK) the short 6 foot-ish distance across the width of the pier, then grabbing the railing he heaves himself over and goes into the drink.



Next is a photo of his second attempt, where he did an accidental 360.  I wish it was not blurry but he was doing it on the darker side of the pier.  You still can get the picture that he was a wee bit surprised lol


The rest of the photos are just pretty sunset pics:








Alex and I got home around 9:45.  It would have been earlier but he twisted my arm and we had to get creemees.  I really enjoy spending time with him alone, which I rarely get to do, especially now that he is of the age where we can do stuff together and he isn't whiny.  Actually each kid is great alone.  Its when you mix them all together and add in 80% humidity and nothing to do that really cooks my pot roast.

No comments:

Post a Comment