Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Summer Vacation Diary Day 3

Two words sum up today:  Freaking Hot.

We are having a mini heat wave today, tomorrow, and a little bit on Friday.  My thermometer registered 100*F at 6:30pm on the side of the house facing the sun.

Today's highlights:


  • Last night my husband decided it would be a good idea to start a Pulled Pork recipe in the crock pot. It had to be cooked on Low for 12 hours with 2 hugenormous vidalia onions overnight.  I hate onions.  Then as a sidebar he said "Hon, all you have to do tomorrow morning is take the meat out, strain the onions, save them, put them back in, dump a bottle of Sweet Baby Ray's on it, and leave it for the day on Low".  Gee, schnookums, that's all?  Oh, and I had to take the BONES out YECH I hate that stuff.  
  • The construction dust was SO bad today that I couldn't open ANY of my windows on the West side of my house.  Here's what I was dealing with:







  • I also brought my car in to get an oil change and an inspection.  I take it to Halford Motors on Sandy Birch Road in Georgia and the poor guy did it all with no air conditioning!!!  I felt so bad that of all the weeks I had to notice my inspection was 2 months overdue and my oil change was 2000 miles over it had to be during the heat wave.  He is supernice though and let me wait in the shade in his backyard so Autumn could play with their swingset and sand box.  Luckily it hadn't reached peak hotness yet as it was 9am.  Still, I wouldn't want to be under a car in this.  If you do live in the area I HIGHLY recommend this mechanic as he is very honest and doesn't hide anything from you or try to milk you dry.  This is a very important person to have in your life!!
  • Thanks to Facebook we got an invite to my friend Nancy's house who has a pretty large pool.  This really saved the day. The older kids got to go in the pool and I filled up the kiddie pool for Autumn to splash in.  That reminds me I never emptied it before I left.  Oops sorry Nancy!  Anyway the kids had an awesome time.  However somehow even though I spent the whole time sitting under a huge umbrella, I managed to burn the crap out of my upper back.  The sun was THAT hot.  


Back home we re-entered the oven.  Under Nancy's advice I put the crock pot outside on the porch!  I probably didn't even need to plug it in hahaha  Autumn fell asleep as soon as we had gotten in the car and continued to sleep on the couch for 2 hours.  


Tomorrow:  the beach for Alicia's birthday party!  And its going to be hotter!


2 comments:

  1. Chris knows Luke from Halford Motors. :) Good guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is awesome! nicest guy, and always is straight with me. i'll never go anywhere else!

    ReplyDelete